Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chile Plus3: Spa Day (Post 11)

    Today was a nice warm morning. The time was approximately 9:18 and we hit the road. Destination: SPA. In the previous day (as you all should know) I went horseback riding. Doing this, I had a sore back and sore legs, so the spa seemed like an awesome way to kick back, slow down for a bit, and recover. To my surprise however, there were no messages or anything of the sort available to us and instead of relaxing when we got there, we instead played the national sport of Chile: Football. Now, I am not going to lie, I remember myself being a lot better at football than I was at the spa let me tell you. To be straight forward, I was considerably bad, especially in my boat shoes....I forgot that I had to bring my sneakers.. After the embarrassing performance, the group went and rented several towels for the poolside. Surprise number 2: we needed swimming caps in order to swim. In result to this, no one went swimming in the freezing water, until one person bought a swimming cap. Wanting to do as much as I can with my time here, I put on the cap and jumped right in (in preparation for jumping into the ocean here and lifeguarding the ocean in Maine this summer). Being a 3 foot deep pool, I naturally hit the bottom, but fortunately I was already numb from the water so I didn't feel the entire blow. In the water, I swam a lap or so then called it a day and jumped out of the pool. For lunch, we had a, all you can eat buffet. We had the choice of whatever we wanted to eat, and I had some potatoes, pasta, chicken, "salad" (tomatoes and onions) and some coke. It was yet again a great meal! After another few hours of sleeping out in the sun, we packed up and left. Later that evening, we went to Professor Werner's condo complex for a nice classic bbq. It was delicious and a great time. With tons of cooked sausage, we decided to review all of the Chilean dances, and also teach some of our United State dances. Overall, it was another awesome day in Chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment