Friday, May 20, 2011

Chile Plus3: Heading Home (Post 14)

    Dear viewers, sadly enough, this is where the journey ends; today, we are all heading home. Waking up at around noon, we all packed up and went to our last group lunch together. There, I was finally able to order the meal of eggs, steak and fries. This is a popular dish, offered nearly every where, that I have never ordered for whatever reason. But, let me tell all of you, that it was awesome and definitely the meal that I wanted to end the trip on. Who would ever guess that the combination of a sunny-side up egg and steak would be such a great meal?
    After lunch, I continued to pack and finally finished. Very shortly after that, we had to board a bus for the last time together..the two hour bus ride to the Santiago airport never seemed so short; I wanted every second to slow down and last as long as possible, I did not want the end of this experience to come.  I met so many great people and great new friends that I've lived every second of the past two weeks with and it's tough to leave them and Chile behind for the summer. But, "you're only in Chile once" and I can definitely say that I really did everything I could with the time that I was there. We are about to board the plane and enter the last 10 hour period that we will all be together, then we will land in Atlanta and say our goodbyes--and I will be there the longest with a nie, long 9 hour layover...wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment